I have been through it with my skin. Summer going into my freshmen year you probably wouldn't recognize me. I had acne all over my cheeks, forehead, chin, basically my whole face. And to make matters worse, I would cover it all up with layers and layers of foundation, concealer, powder, and any other makeup I could possibly put onto my face to try and hide it.
I finally begged mom to allow me to get a facial and my facialist explained to me that I was doing everything wrong with my skincare. I was using wrong drugstore products, that were doing more harm than good. I was showering in way too hot water, giving my skin no air to breathe. I was exfoliating my skin too often, getting rid of dead skin that I didn't have. And so much more. My facialist suggested two products from one brand and told me it would fix my skin. And in a couple of months my skin was ten times clearer. I'll give you a hint as to what the brand was... it's in the title.
Dermalogica is my life-saver. It is a brand started by a skin therapist so it really works to clear your skin. When I found out I could work with Dermalogica, I was so excited. I been using this skincare regimen for about three weeks now and my skin is so much more dewy, clear, and protected.
My skincare routine:
1. Precleanse: The precleanse is the first step because it gets rid or makeup, oil, and dirt that builds up on your skin throughout the day or while you're asleep. It offers a deep cleansing ideal for any skin types. I massage the precleanse all over my face and then add water.
2. Special cleansing gel: This cleanser is a soap-free, foaming gel that targets impurities without disturbing the skins natural moisture balance.
3. Microfoliant: The microfoliant is a rice-based enzyme powder that micro-exfoliates dulling debris and instantly leaves the skin noticeably smoother and brighter.
4. AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50: This is an age defying moisturizer and sun screen that banishes blemishes to give your skin a clearer, smoother appearance. This face moisturizer works deep to alleviate signs of aging, free radical damage and dryness.
5. Stress positive eye lift: This eye cream energizes skin to reduce visible signs of stress. High-performance formula minimizes the appearance of puffiness and dark circles, increases skin luminosity, lifts the eye area and helps restore skin barrier integrity.
Finally, the product I am the most fond of in my regimen is the Invisible Physical Defense Sunscreen SPF 30. Sunscreen is so important to wear every single day, no matter if it is the hottest, sunniest day or if there isn't a sign of the sun in the sky. The sun can damage your skin starting at a very young age. The more damage that builds up can cause deep lines, very dry skin, dark spots, and much more. This product helps to work and protect from all of that. It's not like normal sunscreens. The moisturizer appears transparent on your face when applying it. It also protects against blue light, UV rays, free-radical damage, and pollution. The zinc oxide specifically provides invisible protection against skin-aging, UV rays, and blue light. The bioactive mushroom complex helps soothe skin and reduce uv-induced redness and dryness. And the antioxidant green tea helps fight free-radical skin damage. The sunscreen works on all skin types. I wear it every single day whether I'm inside all day or outside. It's important to know that UV rays can shine through your house and damage your skin just as much as if you were standing outside in the direct sunlight.
When I say Dermalogica is my favorite brand, I really really mean it. I have totally different skin than I did three years ago and that's completely thanks to Dermalogica and my wonderful facialist who taught me the right way to treat my skin. If you haven't used or heard of their products before, I 100% recommend purchasing some. This brand and these products have been eLEXYfyd.
Please follow me on Instagram at @LexySilverstein and subscribe to my blog eLEXYfy.com. If you have any questions, please contact me at LexySilverstein@gmail.com.
Remember to eLEXYfy!
Make the ordinary - extraordinary!